Praca: Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
We are seeking a talented, creative and enthusiastic Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join Avids Production Asset Management development team located in Burlington, MA. This position requires the ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the applications, new features and their interaction with associated Asset Management software. It will involve testing new features in existing products as well as interoperability. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining test server/client hardware and software.
The candidate must possess the ability to develop smoke, regression and comprehensive test plans for automated and manual testing techniques that will ensure product quality and performance. Responsibilities include executing automated scripts and documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software, analysis of test results to ensure existing functionality and recommendations for corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Assists reviewing all user documentation. This position requires excellent technical skills as well as the ability to work in cross functional geographically dispersed teams. It requires cross-functional teamwork with other QA teams and Customer Support.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related QA experience in manual and automated testing and qualification of complex software.
- Ability to work with cross-functional geographically dispersed teams.
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Interplay Production products.
- Experience with video editing products such as Media Composer, MC|Cloud.
- Experience with video transcoding and send-to-playback to playout servers.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 10, SQ, and Mac operating systems.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining server/client hardware and software.
- Knowledge of basic network topology.
- Understanding of virtualization.
- Satin automation.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Very good English language skills
- Agile/Scrum development process experience preferred.
- Experience with ingesting devices (e.g. Airspeed 5000) and or 3rd party playout devices
- Experience with Media Central UX a plus.
- Selenium desirable
- Experience with HP Test Director
- Experience with Accurev desirable